Monday, June 25, 2007

LIFE UPDATE FROM ME TO YOU


I just wanted to let everyone know how we are doing lately, if you care, but even if you dont, I will tell you. Things here are great. We have been so blessed lately. The kids are doing great. It is summer so Kiara wears dresses lots and reminds daddy everyday of how big she is getting. Kori turns one year old this summer and that is a frightening thought. I am trying to convince him to get a job and pay rent, but he just doesnt understand! So frustrating! But really the kids are great. We are all happy that summer is here and enjoy lots of time in the back yard. Melissa is doing well. She is still working her butt off between daycare and selling childrens books (www.melissa.yellowducksonline.com In case anyone is interested, they are great books!) We are so excited to be on holidays starting on July 14th. We are working our way out as far as Salmon Arm, B.C. for sure, but may go further. It is very hard to plan a holiday when you want to see everyone, but also want to camp along the way and not have a rigid schedule to abide by. It seems as though we almost need a month to do both as opposed to two weeks. Anyways, we are still excited. I also accepted a new position within the agency I work for at a different group home. I have worked there before, temporarily and Uncle Scott Roberts has also worked there before. It is a great opportunity for me to get some good experience with a treatment-oriented program, which is what I want to do. This position begins immediately after our holidays on July 29th. There will be some challenges for me here as there is currently no program coordinator, but I am sure that it will be okay. Well that's about all I can tell you for now. Stay tuned for a full update with pictures from our holidays. Love you all.

Mark and his funky bunch!

5 comments:

Keri M. Valdez said...

Hey Mark. Glad to hear everything is going good. We miss you all so much wish we could see you sometime.. You did say you'd come and visit sometime, no pressure though, haha. But that's exciting for your holidays you guys have a great time... And about your kids growing up, I know they look so much older everytime I see them.. Crazy... Work is going good here with Alvaro and I. Life is great, a little lonely at the moment with Joy in Dauphin and Pen and the kids in BC.. So it would be nice to have more family around with everything going on, but life is good otherwise.. We're surviving.. Love you Mark... Take care!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you, so proud of you both, so proud of those amazing grandchildren, so good looking, I wonder where that comes from???? Anyway...you guys are such a blessing to our lives! We are so happy about all the wonderful things that are happening for you! God is so good! We love you!!! Mom in Dauphin

Brian said...

Hey guys. Happy holidays. Sorry to hear about Marge. Talk to you soon. We are kickin' about here.

Craig,Leah,Lena said...

Hi Mark. Sorry to hear about your grandma passing. I know she was really special to you and taught you a lot! Glad you had so many years with her. I'm sure the funeral was one to remember. She touched a lot of people.

Keri M. Valdez said...

Hey Mark.. I think it's about time for another update.. How was your holiday!! I thought about you guys lots, wishing I could be traveling with you instead of at work!! haha.. hope you had a good time.. see ya soon.. oh, how's the new job going?