Wednesday, February 28, 2007

on my mind is this!

sorry to all of you pro bloggers who are mad at me for taking so long with a new posting. i just had something on my mind that i wanted to share. many of you have heard or talked about this before and may have thought as i have. have you ever got bummed out because you didnt have some cool story or testimony. maybe it sounds ridiculous, but at times i have wished that i was born in the streets of brooklyn, with a stump for a leg and living on food stamps. okay, maybe a little overboard, but you get my point. i wish i had a testimony that people listened to and got goosebumps. i had heard these stories in the past and even still many times i hear them and wish that my life wasnt so........well.....easy! but then i remember and am told by my wife and others that this a load of crap! i am so extremely blessed! God has worked in my life and continues to do so very powerfully. In my more sane moments i know that God has brought me to a place that calls me to seek him everyday. why should it matter if i got to that point with a family that loved and cared for me or if i was the apostle Paul, who killed xians for a living at one point. Dont get me wrong. Many stories i have heard that are very moving help thousands of people. I guess what i am trying to say is that its not about me!!!!! it does not matter what kind of story i have. God can still use me to help others even without a tearjerker of a story. Heck, my story is amazing because i am forgiven!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

xblairx said...

i haven't forgiven you mark. Jesus may have, but i haven't.

thanks man. i'll get on the ball now and update mine. and your story has been huge for me. just being my brother and helping me walk through my younger years by sharing your life and experience with me at the time helped me more than you'll ever know.

Keri M. Valdez said...

Hey mark... You're totally right it's not about us, although sometimes we'd like it to be.. I look up to you lots Bro and I just really appreciate how you and Melissa are raising your family and how you deal with things. God has definitely blessed you with so much, but he has also blessed our family with you!!!:) Thanks Mark for these words.. Love you and hope to see you soon!

Anonymous said...

Hey son of mine! Isn't great that our stories don't have to sizzle, for us to know that God is faithful and God is good...I am so proud of you and so grateful for your love for the Lord...your heart for Him stands out, even in your calm story of life! I love you son! I am so proud of all of my kids, not for their perfection (close)ha!, but for their seeking of God's will and love for family and God! Right on! Love, Mommy